oh honey

oh honey
days are long, years are short.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weekend Happiness

Perhaps it's Drake's new work schedule that makes me protect our family weekends so fiercely. If he's not in another time zone he's working long hours during the week at the home office and we miss him. Weekends and all they involve make us happy.

Saturday morning breakfast






Daddy makes the yummiest Mickey Mouse pancakes






Chubby baby legs in striped socks




Afternoon Playtime




Trent's creepy "cheese" smile


Juliana was still recovering from sickness and was napping, but have no fear she woke up in full force and made a message in a bottle using an old juice bottle. She's still on me about when we're going to drop it at the beach so that "a child will find it and be happy". Not sure if in the state of California this would be considered littering...


Date Night with Cara and James






"oh Honey," love him.




Two of our favorite people to hang with


No kids, adult conversation, margaritas, Cheers!!!


Football with Family


Unfortunately I didn't have my camera, but we spent a wonderful afternoon at Mark and Jess' with my whole family. I love spending time with family and I love that my kids get to grow up knowing their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. They are so blessed. We are so blessed that we have family who embraces our kids and will speak truth into their lives. 


Wrap Up


Following football we headed over to my parent's for fish tacos. My dad worked his magic on the grill and the kids road bikes in the backyard. It was a great end to a great weekend. Praying this week that the girl's make a full recovery from their lingering coughs, I get more sleep and that I'm disciplined enough to make my big guy his lunch everyday. We'll see...at the very least I'm hoping he gets out the door with fresh coffee. Above all I just want my family to see Christ in me. I want my children to desire a relationship with Him and I know that requires me to live out the fruit of His spirit. Praise you Father that I'm not in this alone. Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment