oh honey

oh honey
days are long, years are short.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Oh Honey

Most of you who read this have probably spent more than five minutes around Drake and I so you understand the Oh Honey title of this blog. For those of you who haven't, let me explain.

I don't know how it started, but I do know when. It was our honeymoon. By the end of our two week intro into marriage we literally started or finished everything we said to one another with "oh honey". It's just our thing. It has become second nature and it can be used in a variety of situations with a variety of different tones. We can now communicate entire thoughts to one another just by saying these two simple words.

Here's a few of my favorite Oh Honey moments just from today.

1. Drake scheduling his flight later so that he could make the kids breakfast and take Juliana to school. Oh Honey!

2. Thirty minutes before we're supposed to leave for the airport Drake still hasn't packed, but has decided that it's the appropriate time to mow the back lawn. Hmmm, okay. Oh Honey!

3. While driving him to the airport he remarks that I've finally adopted the Kellas philosophy on driving, "take the path of least resistance and cut off when necessary." Even while typing I practically have tears in my eyes from laughing. Oh Honey!

4. We had to stop at the Marshall's in Solana Beach because he needed a new belt. He came out with a belt and a 2lb. bag of Starbuck's coffee that he "got a great deal on." I appreciate this because we're not wild about the organic stuff he bought at Costco last week. Oh Honey!

5. Always having to ask if I'm going to miss him while he's gone. Of course I will. Oh Honey!

We're a quirky couple, but I guess as long as we're quirky together it doesn't matter. We get each other. We adore each other. We're in it for life. Oh Honey I love you and yes, you will missed.

1 comment:

  1. I love the different ways the two of you use the "oh honey". Sometimes it's an endearing tone, a way out of a disagreement, or a easing of a situation.
    The "oh honey" has been picked up by your kiddos and they have called the two of you, honey. Honey is sweet and so is the many uses of the "Oh Honey".

    ReplyDelete