oh honey

oh honey
days are long, years are short.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Anticipating Emily


I am a daughter, a sister, a cousin, a wife, a mommy and come January I will be an auntie!! On Saturday we gathered in anticipation and celebration of this new life. It seemed appropriate that is was stormy out, making it all the more cozy as we gathered in a warm kitchen. Savoring coffee, holding babies and swapping our own tales of labor and motherhood.




There was no "t" that wasn't crossed or "i" that wasn't dotted. Every last detail was considered and it was beautiful.



Beautiful and delicious. I wish I would have thought to snap a few of the amazing spread, but I was too busy filling my plate. I'm hoping the hostess will be willing to share her scone recipe with me. They were absolutely divine. Did I mention I ate three??

Jessica looked beautiful as always. Her and Emily were showered with love, blessings and some great gifts!!






While Emily will be the best dressed newborn in SoCal, the greater blessing is the amazing parent's she'll have. Love you Mark and Jess.


Funny side note: Juliana has already asked me when we can go back to "Emily's shower house". The playroom was a little girl's dreamland. Kitchen set, table and chairs and a vanity set complete with real make-up...yes she left wearing blue eyeshadow and hot pink blush :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh the comfort of being in the company of women. We have a quiet understanding of what one another is going through or will go through. God intended for women to encourage and train up women in the Lord. The older women are instructed to teach and encourage the younger women in godly living. May God give us a godly legacy of women. "Then they(older women) can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God" Titus 2:4-5

    ReplyDelete