oh honey

oh honey
days are long, years are short.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Hooray for Friday

It's been a good week. We've tolerated the absence of Daddy and occupied our time trying out new things at home. I am a homebody and I feel like this week I've settled deeper into the grooves of my home as I continue to embrace the "less is more" philosophy.

Not only do soaring gas prices encourage homeyness, so does the realization that the Lord has greatly blessed me in my surroundings. As does conviction that I'm to train my children to be content.

So we pretty much stayed home this week.


Enjoying our backyard with friends...


and the joy of post rain mud.


I opened my kitchen and my mind to a new way of "cooking".



My friend Vanessa came over and taught me how to make a paleo cheesecake. We cheated a bit and added a layer of dark chocolate, but other than that it was completely raw and absolutely delicious.

{I'm now convinced I need a vitamix}

{"cheese" part made from cashews and crust made from almonds and dates}

Trent loves to challenge his mind and embraces new concepts. The latest, telling time.




I'm blown away by how smart our children are and their eagerness to learn. This past year I've loved watching Juliana learn the art of friendship. This is her best buddy from school Maryann (her mama is Vanessa). 


Well folks can I be honest right now? I'm trying my darndest to articulate thoughts so that when I look back I can remember these sweet days of being at home with my children, but right now I have a certain someone scaling my body and crying. She absolutely can't stand it if my attention is occupied on anything other than her. I won't name names...


I must go. She's driving me crazy. What was I just saying about sweet days at home with my children..? Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment