oh honey

oh honey
days are long, years are short.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy Spring


Happy Spring! It feels good to be here. All day I have been mulling through my thoughts. Unsure of the direction of this post, but knowing I want to get back in the groove, the groove of documentation. Cyber journalling if you will.

In celebration of the first day of spring we will be treating ourselves to vanilla bean cupcakes with fresh strawberries tonight and the signs of spring are popping up all around our home. It started slow...a new candle here, a new soap there. Now we have fresh vibrant hydrangeas in the living room, new soap at every sink, my toes are the color of a robin's egg and there's almost always Peeps in our cupboard. Though traces of winter still linger, like the extra blanket tucked on everyone's bed and Samantha's gradual recovery of a cold turned ear infection, I'm feeling the birth of a new season and the excitement of what it brings.

Yes, we are literally at the beginning of a new season on the calendar, but I feel a stirring in my spirit that I am at the beginning of a new season in my walk with the Lord as well. I have been a Christian since childhood, attending church my whole life, traveling to camps and even other countries in the name of Jesus. I have participated in Bible studies, growth groups and served on staff in youth groups and it's only been until recently that I have seriously begun to exam the character of Christ. What does it really mean to be Christlike? To be obedient to His best for us? Knowing full well that I'm saved by grace, but choosing to live an obedient life as an act of worship to my Savior? I'm beginning to see that the Bible is way more literal than I ever thought it was and I'm excited about it.

Excitement...there is a lot to be excited about right now. Tonight's dinner is already cooked {love that crockpot}, I'm having our carpets cleaned on Friday and Grammy and Grandpa come home from New Zealand on Saturday after almost four months...oh and my house currently smells like cupcakes. I would love to know what has you all excited on this first day of Spring...

bonnets, another thing that excites me

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited to have a friend like YOU!!! A Spiritual Sister who LOVES the LORD like crazy and wants to grow in Him, who is committed to praying for me and my family and who takes an honest approach to living a life worthy of the calling...I Heart YOU!

    I am also excited for Easter Dresses, Egg Hunts, my littles learning to swim, for walks on the beach, beautiful sunsets, the Hunger Games!!!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons...." Daniel 2:20-21a

    Yes spring is here....I am excited for pastel colors, flowers blooming, river outings with wonderful weather, Easter outfits on my adorable "grands", the annual bunny cake and Easter gathering and celebrating the resurrection with other believers!

    Happy Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This morning I am excited about getting back to my independent study of the book of Hosea and how God speaks through His word even in books I know nothing about. I chose this book to prove to myself that God can speak to me in books of the Bible that are not referenced very often in church, and are not focused on much in general. I am so grateful He speaks to me through his word even when I don't have the lovely Beth Moore holding my hand through the whole thing :)

    Hosea 2: 14-15
    Therefore I am now going to allure her;
    I will lead her into the desert
    and speak tenderly to her.
    There I will give her back her vineyards,
    and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope.
    There she will sing as in the days of her youth,
    as in the day she came up out of Egypt.

    Even after God punished Israel (as epitomized through Hosea's wife and children) for being adulterous, he brings them back to him, forgives them, and restores all the blessings they lost. He uses the "Valley of Achor" (Achor means troubles) to give them hope. This really excites me. Not only is God always faithful to bring us home to him, he turns our troubles into hope and causes us to sing as we did in the innocence of our youth. Praise the Lord! And yay for spring and Easter!

    ReplyDelete