oh honey

oh honey
days are long, years are short.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Passing Time


Passing time. When Daddy is out of town I admittedly look for ways just to pass time.

Grandma called and suggested a trip to the beach Friday afternoon and I jumped on it. Nothing like salty air and crashing waves to distract...

{sand angels}


No buckets or shovels, just God's creation and their imagination.


{he told me he was "making a map"}


Without fail, it is always in the midst of these moments, when I'm trying to pass time, that the moment sweeps me away. These three silhouettes, masterpieces entrusted to me. It is humbling. Thank you Lord.


We found other ways to fill our time this weekend. Like backyard adventures with good friends.


A batch of sugar cookies, dyed red just for fun.


We capped off the weekend with a grandparent meal tour. Lunch with Grammy and Grandpa and dinner with Grandma and Papa. Juliana goes back to school tomorrow and I selfishly wish she was home with us for another week. Nonetheless, life keeps going. Our routine will pick up once again after two wonderfully lazy weeks. I'm grateful for those weeks, our family needed them to recharge. 

Praying you all have a wonderful week, I've got lots to keep me busy. 

Continued potty training of this little one...


And shower prep for a very special mama-to-be...


We'll chat soon ya'll :)


1 comment:

  1. This post is so dreaaamy :) I love all the beach photos. There is just nothing like a stroll by the water. I hope this week passes by quickly for you and Drake so he can come home again! So excited for the shower! Those things you have there are adorable!!!! Love you! xoxox

    ReplyDelete