oh honey

oh honey
days are long, years are short.

Monday, September 21, 2015

Livin' on a Prayer


{literally our theme song}

This past weekend we attended yet another wedding (5th one in 9 months). During the cocktail hour Amanda (my best friend and neighbor) and I were mingling with a few guests who were engaged. Having just recently gotten married, Amanda was lamenting with these brides-to-be about the planning process of a wedding. One of them turned to me and the conversation went something like this. 

her: "what was your least favorite part of wedding planning?" 
me: "honestly it was awhile ago, I couldn't even tell you." 
her: "oh really? Like how long ago?" (tone very skeptic)
me: "almost 12 years ago"
her: "oh...wow...um congratulations, any advice?"
me: "laugh a lot and pray even more"

Laugh a lot. Pray more. Life is hard. Marriage is work. Parenting is exhausting. Laugh a lot. Pray more.

Oh yeah... this wedding was in Palm Springs and there was a pool in the center of the reception area. Cannon ball!!!!!
{we laughed a lot that night}

No comments:

Post a Comment