oh honey

oh honey
days are long, years are short.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday Monday

It's Monday. What started out as a fantastic weekend ended not so good for the mama. Thankfully I'm surrounded by people who love me and my family and support me through poor decisions...like running a half marathon I'm not really prepared for.

My good friend Beth and I got up before sunrise on Sunday to compete participate in the Silver Strand Half Marathon down in Coronado. Let me just say Beth is like a half marathon pro. We're talking the watch, the hat, the sleeves,  she even has the little belt for energy drinks. Me on the other hand...oh sure let's go run 13.1 miles after downing a double espresso and half a banana, did I mention I've been having neck problems? Can't imagine why...


With all that being said, I finished. By some standards I even finished well.


And then I paid for it. The rest of the day. And somewhat today. I'll spare you the details.

Regardless of that my babies are loved and cared for. I have amazing support when Drake is out of town. This morning my "support staff" and I caravanned down to Encinitas for a little Lofty Bean and park time. I have the best family and the best kiddos in the world.

 {boots.}

{his hands are always in his mouth, i'm told this is a sign of intelligence.}

{sweetness}

{peek-a-boo}


That is all for now. I want my Honey home. Things are just out of balance when he's gone. Thank you to all the people in my life who help keep me sane in his absence. I love you all more than you know.

Happy Monday.

2 comments:

  1. You did very well at that half marathon... I think this even more because you were so unprepared (as evidenced by your post marathon misery!). Our lofty bean morning was fun! It felt great to get out and enjoy the weather and walk to the park :) Those kiddos of yours... and that little cutie M&J have make me proud to be an auntie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily has stolen my heart, I can't wait for Luke!!! I'm a pretty blessed auntie myself :)

      Delete