oh honey

oh honey
days are long, years are short.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weekend in Review


"In all their suffering, He suffered, 
and the Angel of His Presence Saved them."
Isaiah 63:9

 On Friday we learned that one of our anticipated nieces or nephew wouldn't be arriving in the spring. While there is comfort and great rejoicing in knowing the lullaby's of Heaven and the arm's of Jesus is all this precious little one will ever know, we are still heartbroken. My heart aches for my sweet brother and sister-in-law. However, God is faithful, He has a plan for them and the Angel of His Presence will save them. Praise you Father!!

In the wake of this news, Daddy's homecoming and week of nursing sick kids I was still hopeful that the weekend would be relaxing. And it was. Cinnamon rolls and coffee, check. Second pot of coffee, check. Naps, check. It all got done and then some.

two peas in a pod

love my babies


Saturday afternoon I was fortunate to escape for a bit. In the spirit of loving on Sarah, Jess and I took her for a pedicure. After that we picked up pizza for the rest of the gang (and us too). It was amidst the hustle and bustle of Pizza Port that we huddled together and cried. It was real and it was healing. I'm so thankful for the bonds of sisterhood. I'm so thankful for the beautiful women that my brother's married. I'm blessed to be a part of their lives and so are my children.




Currently, it's Sunday afternoon and we are watching football. There's still a little weekend left to be had. Sam is in her favorite spot...


And these two crazies are doing their thing...


the barbie's are in the "bleachers watching football"
As for me, there's one slice of apple pie left (yes, I made another one) calling my name. I think I will dish it up and take it to my bedroom and eat it in peace (is it bad I like to be alone with my food?).

if you've never had this caramel, get it. it's good on EVERYTHING



2 comments:

  1. I'm so grateful for you and Jess. Getting me out was definitely something I needed that day. Thank you for letting me cry, and laugh and just be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing to see my family loving on each other in a HUGE way. We are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete