oh honey

oh honey
days are long, years are short.

Friday, May 31, 2013

A Friday Confession

"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content 
with what you have..."
Hebrews 13:5

I have a confession. I have shopped this year. It started with buying myself a birthday present, then it was a sundress purchase for our Cabo trip. We now have new carpet, a new garage door and we are currently waiting on the delivery of new furniture. Oh and who doesn't want a new swim suit for summer? I fed the beast. 

Living in a culture that fosters lavish taste through commercials and magazines and encourages indulgence through credit cards makes starving the beast harder than ever. The Lord promises to supply all our needs and calls us to be content with what we have. One of the fruits of the Spirit is self control. 

 I have a responsibility to my husband and especially to my children. I want them to be content with what they're blessed with. 

Like sunshine and good friends.


Healthy beautiful bodies that can jump and swim.



Family, young and old that live close by.


 Cute clothes and new couches pale in comparison to the high I get from watching this little one.





I am re-committing myself to frugality. I am committed to contentedness with what I'm blessed with...because honestly it's more than I could have ever dreamed of. 


2 comments:

  1. I love your appreciation for life and all you have been blessed with; what a gift. Don't beat yourself up for the indulgences you've aloud; you're clearly aware they don't truly matter. You and your sweet family are such a blessing to me and my little munchkins; thanks for keepin' it real!
    Friday Confession:
    1 I am addicted to sweets at the moment
    2 I have zero motivation to workout
    3 I love hanging around all day and holding my sweet baby boy
    4 I can't wait for summer break because I despise being on a schedule that has me waking up and needing to be functional before 8am
    Just keepin' it real

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister! I really love this post. It is always good to commit yourself to constant recognition of what we DO have, rather than what we don't. I'm going to try to run a list through my head of all my many many blessings whenever I feel deprived or like I should have more (and more and more). Also making sure I am making purchases based on needs versus desires. The Lord provides everything we need (and more!), and really, what more is there? Cute cute photos, I'm so glad you all came over to go to the pool :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete