oh honey

oh honey
days are long, years are short.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Savoring Summer

I'll admit I'm ignoring the baskets of laundry that need putting away and I've put on Disney channel for the older two so I can post a glimpse of our summer.

It has been rich with family and friends. Water fun and good food. Even though mid-August usually has me craving crisp air and pumpkin spice lattes, I'm staving off those feelings because I know there's plenty of summer left to enjoy.

Savor, I just need to savor the moments.

Like afternoons spent poolside.







Date nights at the race track.


The slip n' slide and ice cream sandwiches with friends.





A daddy that hasn't had to travel for awhile.


A family tooth extraction and our first visit from the tooth fairy.



And a late afternoon beach birthday.


I am guilty of taking for granted the closeness of our family and the beautiful place we call home. I am guilty of doling out fruit snacks while I'm cooking dinner and occasionally skipping pages during bedtime stories.

Savoring. Learning to do it is a process, it takes practice. This summer has been about practicing.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to practice. A beach bbq with friends and a few little ones that like to be chased in the surf.

What are you savoring this summer?

1 comment:

  1. What am I savoring.....hmmm..family time, squeals of laughter, bare feet, princess dress up shoes clicking on wood floors, freckles across a sweet face, popsicle stick riddles read by a 3 year old, two teeth smile, ultra sound pics, tastes of fresh fruit, chimichurri sauce, homemade banana bread, voices of those I love and the promises of God's word. Life abundant!!

    ReplyDelete