oh honey

oh honey
days are long, years are short.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thanksgiving Post: Better Late Than Never (an official Kellas motto)

First, I watched my beautiful freckle nosed Pilgrim sing with pride about our blessed country.


Then I heard my little towheaded Pilgrim declare his thankfulness to God.


A couple days later I took all three of our kiddos to the zoo while Daddy was hard at work for us.


My heart was ready for Thanksgiving. I have much to be thankful for indeed.





Our annual post-Thanksgiving tea didn't disappoint either...especially since we were all still flying high from a certain engagement that happened the night before. 


Yay!!!!





We are now in the thick of the Christmas season. Tree decorated, lights up and we are huddled under our Christmas quilt every night. Shopping is almost done and a cookie exchange is on the horizon, but the resounding message the kids and I keep talking about is this; we already have the gift. Christ was already born and He already conquered sin for us. We have the ability to love others without limits and call on His Holy Spirit when we are weak or tempted. Praise be to God that He sent His Son. Let's truly celebrate that!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. It feels like a low stress holiday where family just gets together to eat and enjoy their blessings. It now also reminds me of when I got engaged (which is what makes me so excited Kelsey got to enjoy the same experience!) and so many other wonderful memories. We all have so so much to be thankful for - one of my blessings is this beautiful Kellas family! I love these pictures, and you have such great family photos from that day. I am seriously amazed! Congratulations to Kelsey and Brian again! I am thrilled for you guys!

    ReplyDelete