oh honey

oh honey
days are long, years are short.

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Holiday Cheer


December in Southern California looks a little different than most parts of the country...and I'm not complaining.


Since baby Jesus loves the beach and we love the feel of the sand in our toes, we headed down to the shore to help pass the time till Drake flies home tonight. I swear the salty air has healing powers.




In the hustle and bustle of this season it felt so good to be down there with just my kids. We occasionally saw a random surfer or a couple strolling by, but for the most part it was just us down by the shore. Clothes got wet and stripped off (Sammy), sand angels were made and the sun warmed our skin. It felt so good, so nourishing to my soul to watch them roam free on His beautiful creation and remember the true reason we celebrate this month. Praying you all are having a merry season thus far and are mindful of the greatest gift that has ever been given...


1 comment:

  1. I have a hard time imagining life without the pacific ocean. It is always a refreshing, rejuvenating, and fun retreat from our busy lives. Jake and I love heading down to the coast on our days off together and I cannot wait till Luke can run around and play in the sand and do all these things I see your kids enjoying. Also, how stinkin adorable are these pictures you took yesterday!?!?! I am amazed at your photography skills Lisa. Seriously, these are amazing and those kiddos get cuter and cuter every time I see them. Love this post! Glad to hear Drake made it home safely! xoxo

    ReplyDelete