oh honey

oh honey
days are long, years are short.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Lovin'

There is aloe chilling in our fridge and sand lining our tub. Bathing suits hang on every hook in the bathroom and even after a good scrubbing my babies still smell of sunscreen.

Summer lovin' is in full swing.




Beach days are tenderly locked in my childhood memory bank and I'm desperate for my kids to have them as well. Wave jumping, running free and rolling in sand. Feeling the sun warm their bodies and dry their salty skin. Southern California summers, is there anything better?





Another summer staple...swimming lessons.



{sister won't be joining a dive team anytime soon...just sayin'}




Yep we're embracing summer. Playing hard and sleeping well. Eating pancakes for breakfast and enjoying dinner in our backyard. Hanging with friends and soaking up the extra hours of daylight.

I had beautiful childhood summers. I want that for my kids. Impromptu afternoons at the beach followed by soft serve ice cream. Night swims at the community pool and corn dogs swirled in ketchup. Sprinklers and popsicles. Library books and bike riding. Sleeping bags and popcorn. I want them to have it all. You only get to be little once.


I only get to watch them be little once. I intend to make the most of it.





1 comment:

  1. How fun!!! Most of my "very favorite" childhood memories are at the beach. We would have neighborhood beach parties. We would go to the beach early in the day and stay 'til late at night. Bonfires, volley ball, singing around the fire pit, s'mores, and barbeques were all part of the beach experience..
    I love the picture of Trent smiling at the swim teacher. That's his most adorable natural smile. So when Jules is on the diving team in high school we can look back at this and laugh..(probably not). But that girl can dance!!
    Love summer so much....
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete