oh honey

oh honey
days are long, years are short.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Here Comes the Sun

She has rehearsed and rehearsed. Our wood floors bear proof that every step was practiced to perfection for her shining moment. We put curlers in her hair and glossed her little lips. Recital day had come.

Yep, she rocked it. Stole the show if you ask me...not that I'm partial.









Backstage wasn't too bad either.







Neither was dinner with her fan club.





We are so proud of her. Not only does she exude confidence she is tenderhearted and kind. She is a leader. My heart was swelling as I ran through a gamut of emotions in the three minutes she was on stage. This was my baby that I nearly twisted my arm while driving because she had to be touching me at all times. We spent the first few months of her life parked on our couch just nursing and cuddling. I met her needs, we established trust and there she was center stage and beaming. Confident, not holding my hand. I love her. I needed her. I'm so glad the Lord entrusted her in my care.

You're our sunshine Julebug.


...and for the record, this is my brother and he is for real.

{we heart Uncle Jake}

4 comments:

  1. So Awesome! Congrats Jules for owning that stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are adorable! With the exception of that last one... yes that man really is for real. Sweet baked beans, bib and all. I really married a special guy :0) Great job to jules! I can't wait to see the video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there in "thought and spirit". I was entertaining Trent so mommy could relax and focus on Juliana. Can't wait to view the video. Auntie Sarah can join us to watch it. So good to see all of you together supporting our girl. She is a star in grandma's eyes. Very proud of you Julebug:)

    Yes that guy with the bib is a confident young man....not just anyone could pull that off. But Jake can!!
    Great post. love you XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are totally makin me cry! it's declan's 1st birthday today & we really do need to catch up! love you lisa!

    ReplyDelete