oh honey

oh honey
days are long, years are short.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Up to Speed

I have hit the delete button about twenty times now. I'm unsure of how to make sense of all the thoughts that are swirling around in my head. These thoughts keep crossing paths with my to-do list for tomorrow and I'm half distracted because I'm watching The Voice and wishing I could belt out a decent tune (very wishful thinking). However, I'm committed to completing a blog post.

I have a child in first grade, one still in diapers and one that sleeps with a bucket of cars that have to properly be put to sleep and prayed for.

My spirited first grader always has a brilliant idea that she wants to put into action. She has a best friend. They are not friends because I was first friends with the mama, she made this friend on her own. She now takes two dance classes a week, is involved in AWANA and it's looking like she might be the newest member of the first grade Daisy Troop and Junior Lancer Dancers. I'm exhausted just typing it all.




Despite all these spurts of weekly activities her presence in our home captivates. She remains the leader of the pack for her little siblings.



And while she's a very sanguine personality, thriving on people, she is self-entertained and very creative.



This sweet girl is adored and we are so blessed to know her.



Oh my diapered little babe. She's twenty months now and her personality blossoms more every minute. Though she doesn't talk very much, she understands everything and misses nothing. I literally kiss her every chance I get because I still can and her babyhood is slipping through my fingers.







My boy. My boy...he will be four next month. In many ways he is so far beyond his years and in other ways he is still very much three. He continues to astound us with his reading and his understanding of concepts. His memory is impressive and his vocabulary extensive. He is literal, sensitive and is over the top crazy about safety. Yet, he still struggles with a spoon and loves to snuggle. His cars are his prized possession, they come everywhere with us right alongside his Lightening McQueen thermos.





{bee sting :( }


They are all so different. So different. Uniquely woven together and placed in our family. God in his unfailing sovereignty designed them specifically for Drake and I. We love them, we glean from them and we are refined by them.

I'm all out of words. It's taken me too long to get this all out and nothing very profound came from it except maybe this, character trumps temperament. They all three have different temperaments, but that doesn't excuse expectations for their character. You can be shy, but still polite. Talkative and outgoing, but still a good listener. Literal and structured, but still flexible. It's a journey for me and them. Lord I praise you for your mercy.

2 comments:

  1. Yay Blog post! Thank you for fulfilling my request ;0) I love this. They truly are unique little people aren't they? As much as my sister and I are different people, and you and Jake and Mark are all different people. God knows how to fit puzzle pieces together. I adore these photos! They capture them all perfectly. I can't believe baby sis will be 2 in a few short months! Is that really possible? And Trent! 4!? How is the time just flying by? Even though it is difficult to remember a time without them, I still can't believe the time we've had with them is going so quickly. Wow. Love you all. xoxo Auntie Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. What a reminder of how life is marching on and we don't want to miss it. Praying that God will show us everyday how to be in the moment and see the grace of it all. Being thankful in good times and tough times. How our great God gives us what we need to shape us and change us into His servants. Thank you for posting all these adorable pics. I love each of those little people so much. I love you to the moon and back~grandma

    ReplyDelete